We have extensive experience in commissioning artworks in both the public and private domain.
Whether working as an independent advisor or as part of a multi-disciplinary design team, we are well-versed in working to tight deadlines, ensuring artwork is delivered on time and in budget.
Our commission experience includes site-specific public art, temporary performance and installation works, portraits, exclusive fine-art print editions and films. Our reputation is built upon our work with professional artists with proven track records. Our rates are very competitive and our close working relationships with fabricators and foundries can help deliver cost savings.
Our aim is to ensure that the best art is selected for each project, helping to create distinctive places in which to live, work and visit. We provide advice through all stages of the commissioning process:
- Developing art policies, plans and strategies
- Writing artist briefs
- Drafting commission contracts
- Securing statutory permissions and meeting statutory obligations
- Exploring funding opportunities and liaising with funding partners
- Consultation and community engagement
- Short-listing artists
- Planning and project management
- Advising and managing budgets
- Overseeing artwork fabrication and installation