Work With Us: Digital Content and Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a Digital Content and Marketing Assistant to join our team. This exciting role will help us to achieve our marketing goals, develop brand awareness and engage our audiences.
The Royal Scottish Academy of Art and Architecture (RSA) has been at the forefront of creative practice for almost 200 years. We support, enable and promote Scotland’s artist and architect talent through our wide-ranging programmes of awards and exhibitions, promoting these activities (and more) to engage our audiences. We are now looking to expand our dynamic team and seek a Digital Content and Marketing Assistant to join us.
This role is viewed as an entry-level position with responsibilities for producing, editing and promoting digital content, marketing and press. Working closely with our creative team you will utilise your skills for writing copy and deliver a breadth of social content across our platforms. A passion for art and culture, an energetic dynamism and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude are essential.
- Supporting the Academy in setting strategic marketing goals and utilising our brand identity, website, social media and other tools to deliver this.
- Expanding upon new brand guidelines and style guide for the organisation and ensuring these are used coherently across all media.
- Working within the overall marketing budget, helping to set project budgets, and ensuring that costs are properly managed and recorded.
- Management of digital platforms: daily management of copy and assets across our website, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Staying ahead of digital trends and evaluating social and website performance with use of Google analytics to inform marketing strategy.
- Conceiving successful social adverts to guide participants towards news, articles, projects and exhibitions.
- Creation of blog and newsletter content: writing articles that will feed into the overall marketing strategy and which will communicate our brand to our audiences.
- Promotion of RSA activities across marketing channels, producing social media plans that bring our marketing strategy and charitable messaging to life in forward-thinking and engaging ways.
- Coordinating filming of live initiatives for promotion through digital platforms (Youtube and Vimeo), and for archiving in the RSA Collection.
Press and Communications
- Working with the Programme team to assist with press campaigns and evaluate coverage.
- Working to enable relationships with third-party stakeholders including press, collaborators and influencers.
- Assisting with press enquiries.
- Assisting with the coordination of events including press launches and photo calls.
- Any other reasonable activities that help support the wider marketing and creative functions of the RSA.
The successful candidate will be:
- Arts Marketing professional, educated to degree level in Fine Art, History of Art or a similar subject.
- Very familiar with social media and aware of trends in digital marketing.
- Passionate about the visual arts, particularly supporting art and architecture in Scotland.
- Willing to learn, adapt and work across multiple projects at once.
- A strong verbal and written communicator with a good instinct for engaging and inspiring audiences.
- Detail orientated with excellent copy-editing skills.
- Willing to be a team player in a small, ambitious team.
Terms and Conditions of appointment
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £21K per annum (pro rata)
- Probation period: The probationary period is six months
- Notice period: One month
- Work Pattern: part-time, 3 days per week (19.5 hours)
- Pension: Subject to eligibility you will be auto enrolled into our pension scheme
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus 6 public holidays (pro rata). The leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
- Location: The post holder will be based at The Royal Scottish Academy of Art and Architecture, The Mound, Edinburgh, EH2 2EL.
The application should be by CV and covering letter detailing suitability and experience. Application by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 19th August 2021