RSA SCHOOLS ART AWARD 2022
We look forward to receiving your entries for the RSA Schools Art Award 2022. Full details will be mailed to all secondary schools in Scotland in October 2021. The Registration deadline will be 15 November 2021.
About the RSA Schools Art Award
The Art Award has been running since 1986 and is considered by teachers to be one of the most prestigious awards made to pupils. The Award has no theme. The emphasis is on skills of technique, observation and interpretation. In particular, the judges will award prizes for work which displays creativity and originality.
• Entries will be submitted digitally
• The Awards Ceremony will be hosted via a zoom event
• A virtual Exhibition of winners work will be hosted via an online viewing room microsite
Full details on how to submit digital entries are below
Junior (S1 & S2)
Intermediate (S3 & S4)
Senior (S5 & S6)
Five judges, including the President of the RSA, will award:
First prize of £250, second prize of £150 and
third prize of £100 in each category.
Highly Commended Certificates awarded to 10 entries in each category.
The Chairmen’s Challenge
Prizes £300, £150 and £100. Category S5 & S6. Further details here
New Entrant Awards
A special award of £250 in each category for the best entry from schools that have not participated before, or within, the last five years.
Brodies Special Schools Award
First prize of £250, second prize of £150 and third prize of £100. Category S1-S6. Further details here
Brodies Inspirational Art & Design Department Award
£1,000 awarded to support the most deserving and inspirational project. Further details here
Brodies Regional Awards
Prizes of £150 awarded to the best entry in each category from the regions: north, west, and south-east.
How To Enter
Entering couldn’t be more straightforward:
1. Please complete and return the registration below to confirm your school’s intention to enter before Monday 15 November 2021.
2. Before the deadline of 4 March 2022 select the 15 works from each category to be submitted and take a photo of each work. Photos must be at least 1Mb and saved as a jpeg.
3. Label each photo with the pupil’s name, school and category. Copy the photos into separate folders for each category. Convert each folder into a zip file before sending.
4. Submit the entries in separate zip folders for each of the categories
- Special School
- Chairmen’ Challenge
5. Send files via WeTransfer listing the schools name and category in the message area. If your school is entering for the first time (has not entered in the last 5 years) include NEW SCHOOL in the message.
7. All entries will automatically be included in the selection for Brodies Regional Awards.
8. All entries must be received by Friday 4 March 2022.
Contact for any enquiries: Sheena Walker
T: 0131 624 6119