RSA SCHOOLS ART AWARD 2021
We are delighted to have had a really good response for this year’s Art Award in spite of the challenges faced by pupils and teachers. The standard of entries was very high from talented pupils across Scotland. The judging is now complete and winners will be announced on 22 April at an online Ceremony. The exhibition of winners works will be available to view online from 23 April – 30 May.
About the RSA Schools Art Award
The Art Award has been running since 1986 and is considered by teachers to be one of the most prestigious awards made to pupils. The Award has no theme. The emphasis is on skills of technique, observation and interpretation. In particular, the judges will award prizes for work which displays creativity and originality.
Due to the uncertainty with the Covid 19 pandemic, this year’s Art Award will be exclusively online.
• Entries will be submitted digitally
• The Awards Ceremony will be hosted via a zoom event
• A virtual Exhibition of winners work will be hosted via an online viewing room microsite
Full details on how to submit digital entries are below
Junior (S1 & S2)
Intermediate (S3 & S4)
Senior (S5 & S6)
Five judges, including the President of the RSA, will award:
First prize of £250, second prize of £150 and
third prize of £100 in each category.
Highly Commended Certificates awarded to 10 entries in each category.
The Chairmen’s Challenge
Prizes £300, £150 and £100. Category S5 & S6. Further details
New Entrant Awards
A special award of £250 in each category for the best entry from schools that have not participated before, or within, the last five years.
Brodies Special Schools Award
First prize of £250, second prize of £150 and third prize of £100. Category S1-S6. Further details
Brodies Inspirational Art & Design Department Award
£1,000 awarded to support the most deserving and inspirational project. Further details
Brodies Regional Awards
Prizes of £150 awarded to the best entry in each category from the regions: north, west, and south-east.
How To Enter
Entering couldn’t be more straightforward:
1. Please complete and return the registration below to confirm your school’s intention to enter before Friday 13 November 2020
2. Before the deadline of 12 MARCH 2021 select the 15 works from each category to be submitted and take a photo of each work. Photos must be at least 1Mb and saved as a jpeg.
3. Label each photo with the pupil’s name, school and category. Copy the photos into separate folders for each category. Convert each folder into a zip file before sending.
4. Submit the entries in separate zip folders for each of the categories
- Special School
- Chairmen’ Challenge
5. Send files via WeTransfer listing the schools name and category in the message area. If your school is entering for the first time (has not entered in the last 5 years) include NEW SCHOOL in the message.
7. All entries will automatically be included in the selection for Brodies Regional Awards.
8. All entries must be received by Friday 12 MARCH 2021.
Contact for any enquiries: Sheena Walker
T: 0131 624 6119