REOPENING POST LOCKDOWN
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority so please read about the changes we have made in response to COVID-19 before planning your visit. Please note that we are continuing to monitor the latest advice from the Scottish Government and may need to make last minute changes to our procedures.
Visiting RSA exhibitions
Some of our gallery spaces have now re-opened. For now we are operating the slightly reduced opening times of Wednesday to Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 12-5pm. Last admission is 4.30pm each day.
Click here to book your visit for current exhibitions Bill Scott and Frances Walker: Travelling On between 1 August – 5 September.
It is possible to book at the door depending on available space at the time, however pre-booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
Entry is via the Princes Street (RSA Front Door) entrance. If you require stair-free access please enter via the RSA Back Door (south entrance) and you will be guided by staff to the start of the exhibitions.
RSA Friends and Patrons will still be required to book in to visit so we are able to keep track of visitor numbers.
If you wish to visit the National Galleries of Scotland please visit their website for information and to book tickets directly.
- Please do not visit the RSA if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in recent close contact with anyone who has received a positive test result. Details of symptoms can be found here.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering while in the building, with the exception of children under 12 years of age and those who are medically exempt.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and at various points throughout the building. Please make use of these, particularly on arrival.
- Although there is no longer physical distancing legislation in place, we encourage visitors to be respectful of other people’s space and aim to keep one metre from those not in their household/group where possible.
- Building capacity has returned to normal levels, however we will continue to monitor visitor numbers via booking at the door for everyone’s safety and comfort.
- Please continue to respect social distancing between those not part of your household/bubble. We are still operating at a reduced capacity for safety and comfort of visitors and staff.
- Card payments are preferred for the purchasing of artworks and publications.
- Normal cleaning regimes have been assessed and increased and cleaning will be maintained regularly throughout the day.
- Large bags or backpacks cannot be brought into the gallery and there are no lockers to store them. Please bear this in mind in advance of your visit.
- Toilet facilities can be used only by those who have pre-booked to visit the exhibitions. Increased cleaning has been implemented.
If you have any questions please Contact Us.
Thank you for your cooperation.