We are delighted welcome you back into the RSA as we begin our phased reopening.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority so please read about the changes we have made before planning your visit. Please note that we are continuing to monitor the latest advice from the Scottish Government and may need to make last minute changes to our procedures.
What can I visit?
Entry is via the Princes Street (RSA Front Door) entrance. If you require stair-free access please enter via the RSA Back Door (south entrance).
The RSA will be closed to the public from 23 December 2020 – 9 January 2021. Details about exhibitions in the New Year will be available soon.
If you wish to visit the National Galleries of Scotland please visit their website for information and to book tickets directly.
- Please do not visit the RSA if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed. Details of symptoms can be found here.
- Social distancing measures are in place. Please keep two metres away from anyone not in your household. Visitor numbers in the galleries have been reduced and pre-booking has been implemented to assist in maintaining social distance.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering while in the building, with the exception of children under 5 years of age and those who are medically exempt. Staff will also be wearing face coverings.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrance/exits and at various points throughout the building. Please make use of these, particularly on arrival.
- One way systems will be in place in some areas. Please follow the signage and staff instructions.
- Only card payments will be accepted for the purchasing of artworks and publications.
- Normal cleaning regimes have been assessed and increased and cleaning will be maintained regularly throughout the day.
- Large bags or backpacks cannot be brought into the gallery and there are no lockers to store them. Please bear this in mind in advance of your visit.
- Toilet facilities can be used only by those who have pre-booked to visit the exhibitions. To allow for social distancing only one person will be allowed in the toilet area at a time. Increased cleaning has been implemented.
If you have any questions please Contact Us.
Thank you for your cooperation.