- Leviathan Elegy Found objects and mixed media, 1982, 203x137x10 cm Photograph © Aberdeen Art Gallery
- Crannghal, Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Isle of Skye, with Arthur Watson, Bronze and granite installation, 2006, 3×6 m Photograph © Will Maclean
- The Phantom of the Shore Pencil on Gesso, 2011, 57×67 cm Photograph © Art First
- Suileachan, West Arch, Isle of Lewis, Maclean, Leven Stone/Granite/Wood, 2012, 24x8x3.6 m Photograph © Will Maclean
- Work in Progress/Lead and Line Exhibtion, Art First 2011 Photograph © Will Maclean
MBE, FRSE, RSA
- Click Here
- Born : 12/10/1941
- Associate Elected : 15/03/1978
- Academician Elected : 20/02/1991
Fine Art practice Drawing Painting Printmaking and Sculpture . Often related to the history and culture of the Scottish Highlands.
Installation projects with Marian Leven RSA- Aberdeen University and Lewis ,Outer Isles and Arthur Watson PRSA – Cairngorm Viewpoint and University of the Highlands Isle of Skye
Member of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolours.
Member of the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
Honorary Doctor of Letters, University of St. Andrews.
Honorary Fellow of the University of the Highlands.
Honorary Doctor of Letters, University of Aberdeen.
Public Collections include:-
Fiitzwilliam Museum Cambridge, GOMA Glasgow, Government Art Collection London,
Centre for British Art, Yale University Collection, USA, British Museum, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Scottish Office Collection, Scottish Parliament Collection, Fernes Art Gallery Hull, McMaster Museum of Art Canada, Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador, Edinburgh City Art Gallery, National Library of Scotland, National Trust For Scotland, Aberdeen, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Perth, Ayr and Greenock Art Galleries, Isle of Lewis and Isle of Man collections.