- Fire Ball acrylic, stainless steel, 2007, 200 x 200 x 300 cm Photograph © Marion Smith
- Panmure Passage granite, 2009, 615 x 150 x 230 cm Photograph © Marion Smith
- The Plough and the Reaper phosphor bronze, whinstone, 2009, 150 x 70 x 250 cm Photograph © Chris Park
- Lancastria Memorial phosphor bronze, granite, 2011, 170 x 85 x 240 cm Photograph © Chris Park
- Vivam oak, lime, laser prints, glass, brass hinge, 2011, 43 x 39 x 37 cm Photograph © Chris Park
- Associate Elected : 26/06/1998
- Academician Elected : 25/05/2005
Born in Fife, Marion Smith RSA studied Sculpture at Gray’s School of Art, Aberdeen. Her practice centres on creating site-specific commissions that embody a considered understanding of their context. Working in a wide range of media on a miniature and monumental scale, Smith uses traditional skills in innovative ways. The works she makes for a gallery context inform her commissions and vice versa. She has work permanently sited in the United Kingdom from Shetland to Southampton and has exhibited internationally. Her work is held in significant public collections including St Andrews University, the University of Dundee and the Scottish Poetry Library, Edinburgh.