- New Year on the Sea Viking, oil on panels, 1986, 213×244 cm. Macmaster Museum, Hamilton, Ontario.
- Last Supper in Footdee, oil on panels., 1989, 213×244 cm.
- TV Dinners, oil on panels, 1990/91, 213×244 cm. Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art.
- Shoes from Majdanek, oil on panels, 2005, 183×244 cm. Private Collection.
- The Magic Gate and Other Stories, oil on panels, 183×244 cm.
- Polish Journey, oil on ply, 2005, 1998, 183x183cm. Royal Scottish Academy Diploma Collection.
Dr Joyce W Cairns
- Associate Elected : 20/03/1985
- Academician Elected : 18/11/1998
Dr Joyce W. Cairns (b. 1947) is a Scottish painter and printmaker who studied at Grays School of Art, Aberdeen and the Royal College of Art, London. In 1976 she returned to Aberdeen where she taught Drawing and Painting at Grays School of Art until 2004 when she took early retirement to complete the vast body of work which culminated in ‘War Tourist’. It was exhibited for 3 months in 2006 at Aberdeen Art Gallery
She has been exhibiting since 1969 and her work is held in numerous private and public collections, both here and abroad.
Her work is mainly autobiographical, based on past memories intertwined with present experiences, woven around the backcloth of the once fishing village of Footdee at the mouth of Aberdeen harbour where she lived for 33 years. She now paints in Dundee working in a house and garden overlooking the Tay which will add a further dimension to her work but still retains a residence in Footdee.