- Jim Pattison RSA, Models of Mind: Ten Carved Stone Balls from the Islands of Scotland, Screenprints
- Jim Pattison RSA, Tartan Setts, 2.7%.Neanderthal, 2015
- Jim Pattison RSA, Tartan Setts and Pattern Sticks, Briggait Project Spaces, 2015
- Jim Pattison RSA, Models of Mind, Pier Art Gallery, 2013
- Jim Pattison RSA, Creatinine, 2006
- Jim Pattison RSA, Channels, Plywwod, 2007
- Academician Elected : 16/11/2016
Jim Pattison RSA was born in Dundee and studied Architecture for a year at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and then Drawing and Painting (1974 – 1979). Pattison taught in schools in Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow from 1980 until 1989 and then taught Fine Art at Duncan of Jordanstone from 1990 until 2012.
Pattison’s work employs a range of autographic and digital media to manipulate images and information. In his series, Translations, Pattison made visual responses to personal experiences of renal failure, dialysis and kidney transplantation. Recently he has investigated ways in which tartans have been designed and assigned and suggested new ways of designing tartan setts using information from his family history and from his own DNA.