- Figure and Dog Ceramic panel, 2010, 20×20 cm Photograph © Frances Pelly
- Drawing of Pi Pen and ink drawing, 2009, 10×20 cm Photograph © Frances Pelly
- Fishman Soapstone mahogany and paint, 1999, 15×35 cm Photograph © Frances Pelly
- Sceptres Yew, mahogany and natural pigment egg temperaI, 2010, each 90 cm Photograph © Frances Pelly
- Floating Field, Montomery’ Barley Slate mahogany and natural pigment egg tempura, 2012, 40×50 cm
- Born : 1947
- Associate Elected : 17/03/1976
- Academician Elected : 21/02/1990
Frances Pelly RSA is a sculptor and printmaker based in Orkney. Pelly’s practice often involves natural materials local to Orkney and features aspects of the island’s landscape. Pelly studied Sculpture at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee, and lectured at the college and also Gray’s School of Art, Aberdeen, before committing to her practice full-time.
Frances Pelly RSA: I have been a practising sculptor since graduating and greatly value my traditional training which gave me a wide range of skills. Work comprises my own sculpture, much drawing, collaborative work with other artists, poets & writers & public & private commissions for sculpture & lettercutting. I love working with my hands and using natural materials and since coming to Orkney, twenty plus years ago, local landscape features strongly in my work.