- Alfons Bytautas RSA, Solve et Coagula, Screenprint, 2011, 30×21 cm
- Alfons Bytautas RSA, Northern Soul, Screenprint, 2011, 38×28 cm
- Alfons Bytautas RSA, Scherzo, Tempera, 2012, 18×25 cm
- Alfons Bytautas RSA, Distant Voices, Screenprint, 2011, 22×31 cm
- Alfons Bytautas RSA, Veve 1, Screenprint, 2012, 21×15 cm
- Born : 30/10/1955
- Associate Elected : 24/06/1994
- Academician Elected : 25/05/2005
My “ideology” is pretty much based on a belief in the importance of art as both a maker and consumer. Art provides the means by which I can experience and/or record certain states of mind that I simply cannot access through rational thought alone.
The way the materials behave when I use them influences the “mood” of the work. Chance plays a significant role too – something I encourage through different approaches to creating an image. This can be as simple as trying to “switch off’, avoiding conscious control.
Sometimes the initial concept can be totally obliterated through working and re-working. Interestingly new opportunities often emerge phoenix-like from the residue of an aborted strategy in an attempt to simply “get it right”.