ABOUT THE AWARD
The Morton Award (£5,000) is for artists working in a lens-based media in Scotland. The award is funded by The Morton Charitable Trust and administered by the Royal Scottish Academy and consists of:
- Monetary award to research, develop and produce a new body of work in a lens-based medium
- Exhibition of completed work at the RSA Annual Exhibition in 2020
- Acquisition of work into the prestigious RSA Permanent Collections.
- Artists must be working in a lens-based media (includes digital & analogue photography, film and video)
- Artists must have been born in Scotland or have studied at a Scottish art school or have been resident in Scotland for at least 3 years.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students are not eligible.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry conditions and requirements must be strictly adhered to or applications may be rejected.
- A shortlist of artists will be invited to present their project to the Panel of Adjudicators at the RSA on Monday 12 August 2019.
- The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- The award should not be used as a capital grant.
- The award winner will be announced by the end of September 2019.
- The award should be completed by 1 April 2020.
- The winner will exhibit resulting work at the RSA Annual Exhibition the following year in consultation with the Academy. Further arrangements will be determined in consultation with the winner.
- The Royal Scottish Academy reserves the right to accession one representative work or DVD from the artist into the RSA Permanent Collection.
- The copyright of all works remain with the artist but it is a condition of entry that the Royal Scottish Academy reserves the right of reproduction of all submitted and resultant works for publicity/educational/reference purposes in connection with the award.
- Personal information supplied by applicants on registration/application forms will be held securely by the Royal Scottish Academy in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1998.
Daniel Cook 2019
John Wallace 2018
Mairi Lafferty 2017
Paul Duke 2016
Gair Dunlop 2015
Alicia Bruce 2014
Oliver Mezger 2013
ROGER + REID 2012
Paul Rooney 2011
Christine Borland 2010
Phillip Braham 2009
Rory Donaldson 2008
Leena Nammari 2007
Alexander & Susan Maris 2006