The RSA has extensive experience commissioning artworks in both the public and private domain. Whether working as an independent advisor or as part of a multi-disciplinary design team we are well versed in working to tight deadlines ensuring artwork gets delivered on time and in budget.
Our commission experience includes site specific public art, temporary performance and installation works, portraits, exclusive fine art print editions and films. Our reputation is built upon our work with professional artists with proven track records. Our rates are very competitive and close working relationship with fabricators and foundries which help deliver cost savings.
Our aim is to ensure that the best art is selected for each project, helping to create distinctive places in which to live, work and visit. We provide advice through all stages of the commissioning process:
- Developing art polices, plans and strategies
- Writing artist briefs
- Drafting commission contracts
- Securing statutory permissions and meeting statutory obligations
- Exploring funding opportunities and liaising with funding partners
- Consultation and community engagement
- Short listing selecting artists
- Planning and project management
- Advising and managing budgets,
- Fabrication and installation of the artwork
Headed by Jane Lawrence who has over 15 years working as an art consultant in Hong Kong, London and Edinburgh. Jane’s expertise lies in building corporate art collections, collection management, sculpture commissions and managing the art rental scheme. Jane is assisted by an expert team of art handlers and installers who provide a reliable, efficient and cost effective service. They are also trained in artwork condition reporting and cataloguing.
For further information please contact
Jane Lawrence, RSA Art Consultant
T: 0131 624 6113