ABOUT THE AWARD
The RSA Morton Award (£5,000) is for artists working in a lens-based media in Scotland. The award is funded by The Morton Charitable Trust and administered by the Royal Scottish Academy and consists of:
- Monetary award to research, develop and produce a new body of work in a lens-based medium
- Exhibition of completed work at the RSA Annual Exhibition in 2018
- Acquisition of work into the prestigious RSA Permanent Collections.
- Artists must be working in a lens-based media (includes digital & analogue photography, film and video)
- Artists must have been born in Scotland or have studied at a Scottish art school or have been resident in Scotland for at least 3 years.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students are not eligible.
Paul Duke 2016
Gair Dunlop 2015
Alicia Bruce 2014
Oliver Mezger 2013
ROGER + REID 2012
Paul Rooney 2011
Christine Borland 2010
Phillip Braham 2009
Rory Donaldson 2008
Leena Nammari 2007
Alexander & Susan Maris 2006